Pages

2014/09/26

autumn melody (haibun)



Photo credits:  Gettt Images

I felt energized walking to the bus today with the warm sun.  Imagine walking September 25th in a sleeveless shirt and jeans.  Yes, indeed, it was so warm, I had to put my hair up in a bun, the sun was so hot on my neck.  I had checked the forecast before leaving and felt encouraged to see that mid 20C was expected until Sunday. Today was my last day of my work week since I have Friday and Saturday off.  So off I marched to the bus in good spirits.



summer heat
yet autumn wind
blew fallen leaves


Ah but when I passed a row of trees, my feet touched a precious season’s gift.  I slowed my pace to hear the sound that pleased my ears.  Within a few seconds, I was a ten year old walking to school  hearing the crunch under my feet observing the lawns covered with reds, amber and shades of gold and yellow.  Fast-forwarding in my reverie I was jumping in a large pile of leaves, making my crunch, autumn bed...last  play before the ground will freeze...until I will lay on a white blanket making snow angels...but not quite yet...

jubilant
walking through autumn treasures
crunch of fallen leaves 
 ***
crunch of fallen leaves
season`s new sonata
music to my ears
(c) Tournesol '14
Carpe Diem Haiku Kai #570 Fallen leaves


Posted by Cheryl-Lynn Roberts 2014/09/26

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful images conjured by your verses. And children seem to just excel at appreciating the leafy landscape of fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It allows Nana`s like me to go back in time and for parents to play with their children, pretending it is for them ;)

      Delete
  2. A lovely haibun, Cheryl Lynn. I love traveling with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, I love the company:)

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and comments soothe the soul and my eyes smile, thank you!
Vos visites et commentaires apaise l'âme et mes yeux rigolent, merci!