Pages

2014/08/27

New beginnings (haibun)


My car broke down in the middle of the Jacques Cartier Bridge yesterday. My front wheel just ripped off the frame due to rust. I heard the sound of screeching burning rubber...cars behind me slamming on their brakes. Thank the Great Spirit they were swift. I am thankful I was not hit and I did not cause any accidents. Here I was in the middle of the bridge traffic coming and going on both sides of me.  The endless possibilites...  THAT is the only thing that kept playing in my mind...the cause of a multiple car pile up collision ...and it did not happen.   No one was hurt...my car is scrapped...do not want anyone to EVER drive that killer trap.  I signed it over to my mechanic and that is that.  We now bury the remains of a shark (Tiburon Hyundai)...so be it!  



 (kyoka)

new moon
cosmos shift
scrapped my car
metal doctor diagnosed
its terminal fate

(American sentence) 

let us all bow our heads in silence
as we mourn this pack of metal.

© Tournesol

Now that that is out of the way. I can respond to this prompt seriously.  

Our host wrote:

new moon
she, our moon will grow again
a new life cycle
© Chèvrefeuille

I know that January is the traditional calendar New Year but September has always been a new change, a new year.  Even if children start a new year in September with school, how can we, as parents not be influenced by this new transformation. This time of year reminds me of new scribblers, brand new pens, writing real pretty on the first pages...it is a chance to start anew, to do better after a rest, vacation and it is an opportunity for students to grow...so much promise. 


new moon
hidden promise
cycle renewed

given a second chance
season pleads to survive

survival triumphs
new moon winks slyly
a new beginning

© Tournesol '14

Posted by Cheryl-Lynn Roberts, 2014/08/26

4 comments:

  1. Thankfully, as you say you are all right! One winter day I was going up an on ramp and my tires lost road contact and I smacked head on into a concrete divider. Bye-bye car. Thank goodness it was early enough in the morning and there wasn't much traffic, and what was avoided me!

    Serious... really? Life is full - and gifts us with what we need, or so some say.
    New Moons, September is a New Year for some. - Different calendars. I think we can flip pages and pretty much start a new year whenever we want. At least we are given that opportunity with each new day.

    So ... set the table :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it sounds like you too had an angel with you. Years ago I skidded after work (dark in winter) completely across to the other side of the road on black ice and into a ditch. I never heard cars trying to brake or honk...I was just blessed there was a pocket of emptiness and no cars in that pocket. Each day indeed is a new day and yeah, absolutely, set the table...I love company for meals:)

      Delete
  2. I was so pleased to read that you are ok Cheryl-Lynn, I can well understand your dismay, concern to be in that situation. But as one door closes another opens, I hope for you it does soon. Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michael. I may wait until next Spring to purchase a new car...or not...I'll rent one now and then instead.

      Delete

Your visits and comments soothe the soul and my eyes smile, thank you!
Vos visites et commentaires apaise l'âme et mes yeux rigolent, merci!