Pages

2014/08/02

River Listens (shadorma - tilus)


This prompt, Chèvrefeuille has discovered Shadorma, a short poetry-form from Spain. I have had the privilege to have learned about this through Bastet in her weekly prompts at Mindlovemiserys Menagerie. I think I was drawn to it as well because Oliana is an island in Spain…so it was most fitting that I learn this poetry-form. The Shadorma is a poetic form consisting of a six-line stanza (or sestet). Each stanza has a syllable count of three syllables in the first line, five syllables in the second line, three syllables in the third and fourth lines, seven syllables in the fifth line, and five syllables in the sixth line (3/5/3/3/7/5) for a total of 26 syllables. A poem may consist of one stanza, or an unlimited number of stanzas (a series of shadorma). I sometimes like to add another form, Bastet introduced to us called Tilus which is 3 lines consisting of 10 sylables 6/3/1 with Shadorma forms to get a message across.

Chèvrefeuille sought the internet and ran into several examples of Shadorma, but this one by Richard Ankers is was one he found beautiful.

Emerald,
Verdant grass of dreams;
Swaying free;
Living free;
Gathered together as one:
Most peaceful landscape.
© Richard Ankers

Here is another lovely example written by Jen at Blogitorloseit.com
Memories
with crocodile teeth
overwhelm
the phoenix –
plumes turn to ash in his mouth –
he singes his jaws

© Jen of Blog It Or Lose It
 
Here is Chèvrefeuille’s first try at it.
red Roses
sharing their perfume,
morning mist
and the soft breeze
giving it to the whole wide world,
unknown love
© Chèvrefeuille
 
I think that is a wonderful offering…I could smell the scent of the roses in this poem. Didn`t you?


(c) Clr - 2014 Yamaska River

(c) Clr – 2014 Yamaska River
(shadorma)
salty tears
my river listens
challenges
life’s choices
water roars over the dam
releasing sorrow.
 
(tilus)
waterfall swallows tears
and then I
smile.
 
© Tournesol ‘14/08/02
 

2 comments:

  1. However far inland the clear waters run to the sea.
    Our salted tear cleansed by the river too will meet the ocean.
    The smile of joyful awakening our reward.

    Thank you for your kind words on my Shadorma 'winged entertainment. I was out side at dusk working in the yard... and heard and saw.

    By the way your link in the CD Shadorma post does not work - at least for me. I got the message that I wasn't allowed to edit the post. So I came to your post a different route.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Shadorma and Ti-lus Cheryl Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and comments soothe the soul and my eyes smile, thank you!
Vos visites et commentaires apaise l'âme et mes yeux rigolent, merci!