Pages

2014/08/11

Time lingers ((senryû))

gal-2640553
 
 
 
Better late then never, I say with this interesting photo prompt. Photo challenge #20 Time Goes by like a train, at MindLoveMisery's Menagerie awakened my memories of living by the train tracks near my grandmother's home.  I used to run across as the gate was just coming down, bells ringing and the man in the tower shouting at me to stop but a few times, I still took a chance.  How lucky I was not to end up like this though I just wrote...
 

railway crossing
yesteryear’s tragic loss
her ghost still walks
© Tournesol
 
 
 
But this prompt's title also inspires thoughts about time and we have had several haiku prompts from a few different blogs on "time" in the past weeks.  This is what the photo with the title inspired...
 
summer days crawl
forlorn, waits for her lover
but time has stopped
© Tournesol
Thank you, Yves, for this interesting photo challenge at MindLoveMiserysMenagerie Photo Challenge /20, Time Goes by.
 
© Tournesol 2014/08/11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your visits and comments soothe the soul and my eyes smile, thank you!
Vos visites et commentaires apaise l'âme et mes yeux rigolent, merci!